Radiant Maple Syrup 250ml
Maple syrup is one of the many wonders of the world. This viscous amber liquid with its characteristics earthy sweet taste is made from the sap of the sugar, black or red maple tree.
Maple syrup is sweet - and we're not just talking flavour. Maple syrup, as an excellent source of manganese and a good source of zinc, can also be sweet for your health.
The trace mineral manganes is an essential cofactor in a number of enzymes important in energy production and antioxidant defences. The zinc supplied by maple syrup, in addition to acting as an antioxidant, has other functions that can decrease the progression of atherosclerosis.
The quality of the syrup varies in characteristics such as colour, taste and consistency. All maple syrups are labelled with a grade based upon an official United States Department of Agricultural (USDA) grading system.
The USDA syrup grading system uses five different grades. Contrary to popular belief, maple syrup grades do not indicate a difference in quality or purity. Individual preference for a particular grade of maple syrup is similar to that of the wine consumer; some people preferreds, some whites, some blush and so on. These maple syrup grades have upper and lower limits for colour and flavour. As a general rule, the darker the colour, the stronger the flavour.
Radiant Organic Maple Syrup is extracted from the sweet sap of maple tree. (Grade A medium.)By Organic Standards, the trees are not over tapped to keep the tree in better health. The maple saps are stored in stainless steel drums and formaldehyde or other chemicals are prohibited in the processing. It is pure maple syrup. No corn added. It has a distinctive and robust flavour great for cooking, glazing and adds to oats, pancakes and waffles.
A Few Quick Serving Ideas:
- Maple syrup, used in place of table sugar as a sweetener, gives tea and coffee a unique taste.
- Pour some maple syrup on oatmeal topped with walnuts and raisins.
- Add maple syrup and cinnamon to pureed cooked sweet potatoes.
- Combine maple syrup with orange juice and tamari and use as a marinade for baked tofu or tempeh.
- Spread peanut butter on a piece of whole-wheat toast, top with sliced bananas and then drizzle maple syrup on top for a sweet, gooey treat.
Net Weight: 250ml